George Damnably / gu, vo – FU – Highlights/Lowlights/Events of 2011
– Shellac live on New Years Day @ The Garage, with no DJ, no supports, just 2 hours of blistering rock.
– Shipping news – One Less Heartless To Fear (Noise Pollution/Karate Body)
– Mountain Goats at KoKo courtesy of EYOE, and the whole audience doing ROCK FINGERS to ‘Hail Satan’ during ‘The Best ever death metal band out of Denton‘
– Kath Bloom playing live in my house doing roundrobin with our friends and neighbours.
– Lobster Repair – When The Girls Get Here
– Really happy to finally be able to release and listen to American Werewolf Academy’s The Hop 7″ and ‘Everything Is Alright So Far’
– Shonen Knife European Tour with Dr John, watching their set each night, singing ROCK songs in the van, meeting great promoters, the weird plastic theme parks on the Czech border and the Scala show.
– Bitch Magnet @ Lexington, stood with Micky, Ruth and Matt behind Stewart Lee and Matthew Barnhart (from Denton!) doing sound.
– Dick Diver – New Start Again (Chapter)
– Versus – On The Ones And Threes (Merge)
– Wussy – Strawberry (Shake It)
– Getting a new Fender 65′ Twin and a Purple sparkle Jazzmaster for half price
– Working out how to play new super-heavy FU song ‘Post card’
– Mark Twain’s The Mysterious Stranger
– Hobo with a Shotgun and Insidious
– American: The Bill Hicks Story
– New Curb
– David Hockney’s exhibition in Hull
– The fall of Murdoch
– Andy Kershaw’s bio ‘No Off Switch’
Founder of Damnably and FU guitar and vocals.